New Background

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Child's Year Wagon Card

So this morning I was looking to make another card but did not know what I wanted to make. I decided to use my A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge yet again. This is my favorite cartridge so far. It has so many images of so many different things. Too cute! This is how to make this simple yet adorable card.

Your finished card size will be: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
If you take a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 piece of black cardstock and cut it down the middle you will have enough for 2 cards. This card opens like a book, from left to right.

This image is on page 45 in your handbook.
I cut out the image at 2 1/2" in black and the shadow at 2 1/2" in white cardstock

The red mat is cut to size 4' X 5 1/4". One of my tips is to cut your mats 1/4" smaller then your card or other mats.

I then embossed the red mat using my Cuttlebug. I chose the Stars embossing folder.

The black polka dot paper is from Die Cuts With A View and is cut at size 1 1/2" x 4".

I used black ribbon and adhered it to the black polka dot paper then adhered the polka dot paper to the red mat. After that is when I taped my red mat to my card. Easy peasy!

The little Cherish tag was in my stash from along time ago. It is from Elements by Creativity Inc.
There were 4 sayings in the pack. Love, Celebrate, Cherish & Friend. I chose Cherish & Friend for my 2 cards. Another tip is when I make a card I always make 2 at a time. It is just easier to cut everything out at the same time and put them together at the same time. Then I have 2 cards to use whenever.

Well, that's it! This was a very simple card to make. It only took me about 20 minutes from start to finish to make the 2 cards.

Materials used:

Black Cardstock
Red Cardstock
White Cardstock
Black and Cream Polka Dot Paper
A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge
Cuttlebug & Stars Embossing Folder
Black Ribbon
Cherish Clear Acrylic Tag



No comments: